<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Groundhogs and snow days 

So he didn't see his shadow. An early spring should be on it's way. And if you go outside right now, it feels like he is telling the truth. Today it feels like snow day. A day that we would go sleading. We'd all be bundled up, dragging our sleds up to boutilier point elementary. I'd have my bright red sled that Ian would pull me along in the street. Others would have their crazy carpets, continuely having to unroll them before they could take a running start at the hill. Someone would even have a GT. Since I was little I always been jealous of anyone who has a GT, but terified any time they offer me a ride.

We'd smooth the snow as we raced down the hill, seeing who could come closest to the school walls. Ben would of course smack right into them. We'd have a tiny little jump at the bottom. I would fly in the air and land hard on my ass everytime. I don't have snow pants, so i would be wearing at least 2 pairs of pants to keep out the wet snow and the cold. We'd throw snowballs. We'd stay at the bottom of the hill a little longer each time, tireing of the walk back up the hill.

We'd walk back to amy's, have hot chocolate in her kitchen, watching her home vidoes of high school.

This is the only time I like winter. I hate the cold and the blinding light of winter. I hate my big puffy coat, my cold toes and the feeling of soaking mittens. But winter turns into something entirely different on our hill. Their presence and laughter warms me up. We are having fun. Real fun,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?