<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

10 reasons I love the CS building 

1) Leather couches - I have three of these in my own home so you know I'm alreadt a fan. I particularly like the leather chairs infront of the elevator because I can curl up easily and take a nap. It's like a little leather pocket just for me.

2)Internet access- I love being able to plug in my laptop anywhere and have access to my email and the pleathera of blogs I visit throughout the day. I don't have to run around to computer lab after computer lab around the campus trying to fing a free computer.

3) Kathryn is here 4 out of 5 days of the week - I don't have much access to girls. I seem to always be surronded by guys. It is nice to be able to come sit for at least an hour and girl talk. I don't care if my work suffers, I need my girl talk!

4) Distractions- If I didn't want to be distracted I would go to the library. Sometimes when you are stressed out of your mind you need someone to distract you even if it's just for a few minutes.

5) Hot chocolate and coffee - Although I don't use the second cup much, when I do it is always appreciated.

6) You

7) I'm familiar - Professors say hello to me, Jeff always takes time to see how I'm doing, the second cup staff know me. I am slowly becoming one of the many constants of the building.

8)Free phone - I've saved so many quaters not having to use the pay phone, and if no one is around you can pretty much ignore the 5 minute rule till someone mossies on by, and then you still have 5 minutes....cause they don't know how long you have been there.

9) I'm connected- I've got the help desk behind me baby. When I'm in a bind I can always exchange a coffee for some prining credits, and even though I'm not techanically a computer science student, my computer is always well taken care of.

10) I have a locker- Well Jon has a locker, but I think I use it more than he does. I'm not that strong of a girl....I'm very liuttle.....so not having to lug my computer from the CS to the LSC than back to the CS is always very nice.

Sure not everyone around you has the best social skills or hygene, and the building often stinks of raw fish, I still love this building. For someone who isn't a CS major, I've basically spent the last 4 years here.

Hail to the CS building!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?