<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Music 

All my favorite songs are sad songs. I love the sad words and the sad melodies. The minor keys wrap me up in the song. I love singing sad words. My voice sings sad songs the best. I try to mix it up, try and put in an upbeat tempo song in there to not bore people with my meloncoly songs, but I really only want to sing the sadest of the sad songs. I believe they are the prettiest, the rawest, the best. The words don't even need to be sad. A sad melody will do. I don't listen to words all that much actually. I listen to actual notes being sung and played. That's what gets me first.

When people find out that I can sing, they often ask "What do you sing?" I usually just tell them that I sing almost anything. But I sing sadness, that's what I sing.

I'm sitting here trying to think of the saddest song I know..... there are so many. Exit music to a film always gets me. Already there by K's choice is very sad. I know by Jude. Too many to list

What is the saddest song you know?

Your face it dances and it haunts me
Your laughter's still ringing in my ears
I still find pieces of your presence here
Even after all these years
But I don't want you thinking I don't get asked to dinner
'Cause I'm here to say that I sometimes do
Even though I may soon feel the touch of love
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
If I lived till I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

-I just don't think I'll ever get over you, Colin Hay

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?