<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 13, 2004

I listen to the notes played usually. The words are a secondary thought. Usually. Though the ones that I choose to sing, the ones I choose to use my voice for, there is something than just more than a melody. Listen to the words. Listen to songs. I am telling a story. I'm not quite sure what it is yet but it's a story.

I wish I could have sang last night

Won't you call my number
don't push back don't hesitate
wake me from this slumber
rush me but leave time to wait

checkmate on my shoulder
I'm tired of this win or lose
well I'm no knight in shining armor
but I'm no pair of dancin' shoes
I'm no pair of dancin' shoes

my patience went away
take me with you
you keep me holding on
nothing's understood
you're so confusing
tell it to me straight
-Dancing shoes, Gavin Degraw

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?