<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 16, 2005

I give up 

The best part of my day is just after I wake up and step into the shower. There is nothing like a hot steaming shower to awaken every single cell of your body. When I first get into the shower I turn the water on by making it as hot as possible, then adjusting it to the right temperature just before I step beneath the water.

It's not scalding hot, but it's hot enough so that you can feel your skin reacting to the temperature change.

As I become climatized to the water, I begin to slowly add more and more hot water. I eventually get it to a temperature that would have been scalding had it been the intial temperature of when I first stepped into the shower stall.

Before I turn off the water and finish my shower, I raise my hands in the air, my plams flat above of head, creating a waterfall over my entire body. The water flows over every inch of my flesh. My face, my arms, my chest,my back, my stomach, my thighs. Instead of being rained down on my the shower, I am being enveloped by the water, it following my every curve.

Then the heat begins to fade. I stand there just before the water turns from warm to cold, and I quickly turn of the tap.

I'm fresh. I'm clean.
I'm awake.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?