<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

It hurts to swallow 

I freaked out when they put in the IV. I get all nervous and I panic a bit. The nurse was very nice. She said she hated putting them in and that she prayed everytime she did them. She said she had lots of practice.

(if it's akward let me know. I don't want it to be akward. That's the last thing I want. for me it's important that it's not)

Once it was in I calmed down. The pain went away and I waited around for an hour or so on a bed. They finally wheeled me in and they sprayed my throat with the most god awful tasting stuff. I swear that it is the worse tasting stuff you will ever have in your mouth. my tounge and throat quickly went numb. It felt like I couldn't breath.

The doctor was very nice. He said that this time he was going to give me strong drugs. He injected them, and the last thing I remember is my vision going blurry and me shouting "Whooooooo!".

I woke up and hour later. I started singing "I've been working on the railroad" quietly to myself. I really wanted apple juice. They gave it to me and told me I could stay till I was ready to leave.

I decided to leave when I was still groggy. Nurses were asking me if I was okay as I stumbled out of the recovery room. "I'm fine. My legs are just taking a nap. They'll wake up later."

I ate ice cream on the ride home.

I hurts to swallow now. They dilated my esphogus. They streched it. Now it feels like everytime I swallow that I am trying to swallow a softball.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?